Number of Workshops and Consultations - 11
Number of Organizations - 845
Number of Participants - 1,447
First South Indian Conference of Community
College on 8th & 9th of January 1999
Participants of First South Indian conferences
of Community College on
8th & 9th of January
1. First South Indian Conference of Community
Colleges, Chennai, 8th and 9th of January 1999.
169 Participants from 69 Organisations.
National workshop on Community College
as an alternative and innovative system
of Education in India, on 18th & 19th February
2. National Workshop on Community College
System as an Alternative System of Education in
Collaboration with the Ministry of Human
Resource Development (MHRD), New Delhi at
Chennai on 18th and 19th February
College as the capacity and competence building
system”. 152 Participants from 81 Organisations.
3. National Consultation on Community
College System in India with Lokabodhan Kendra, New
Delhi in Collaboration with Ministry of Human
Resource Development (MHRD), New Delhi, 27th
to 29th of March 2001. 100 Participants from
Fourth National consultation of Community
colleges in India, Chennai on 11th & 12th
of March 2005
for the Fourth National consultation
India, Chennai on 11th & 12th of
4. Fourth National Consultation of
Community Colleges in India held at Asha Nivas, Chennai
on the 11th and 12th of March 2005. 152 Participants
from 98 Existing and Upcoming Community Colleges
Fifth National Consultation on the Indian
Community College system and its future
Chennai, on 30th & 31st of August 2006
for the Fifth National Consultation
on the Indian
College system and its future Chennai,
on 30th & 31st of August 2006
5. Fifth National Consultation – “Indian
Community Colleges System (ICCS) and Its Future” held
at M.O.P. Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai
on 29th & 30th of August 2006. 192 Participants
from 113 Community Colleges
Meeting of National Committee on Community
Colleges in India, Chennai, 29th of March
Participants for the Meeting
of National Committee on Community Colleges
in India, Chennai, 29th of March
6. Meeting on National Committee on Community
Colleges, held at Asha Nivas, Chennai. 29th
of March, 2007. 125 Participants from 91 Community
National Seminar on the Relevance of Community Colleges in the Kerala Scenario”, held at Archbishop Powathil Assumption Community College, Changanacherry, Kerala. 1st of November, 2008. 80 Participants from 34 Organisations.
8. National Workshop on the Institutionalization of the Community College System in India, Collaboration with IGNOU and TNOU, Organised by ICRDCE, on 22nd and 23rd of June 2009. 182 Participants from 149 Orgnisations.
9. 40th ISTD National Convention – Quantum Leap of Building World Class Skills Though Training and Development, Organised by Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD), Bangalore. On 12th of February 2010. 97 Participants from 69 Organisations.
10. Director of ICRDCE, presented a paper on ”Indian Community College Model and its Inspiration from USA” NHRD – IACC Skills Summit-American Experience- Indian initiatives on 4th of February 2011 at Bangalore
11. NATIONAL WORKSHOP ON QUALITY MANAGEMENT OF COMMUNITY COLLEGES
The Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) in collaboration with ICRDCE, Chennai has organized two days National Workshop on Quality Management of Community Colleges on the 26th & 27th of January 2011 at Chennai. The workshop examined the various aspects of Quality Management of Community Colleges
Moving towards Higher Education
Impact on the community
Vertical Mobility and
There were 166 delegates from 124 Community Colleges throughout the country. 32 members of the teaching staff and administration of TNOU also participated in the workshop and evolved collectively the Quality Parameters for Community Colleges in India.
The participants took the following definition of Total Quality Management and applied it to the functioning of the community colleges: “A planned proactive process approach to facilitate change by aligning people with processes and technology to achieve an organization's vision and performance objectives”.
The Honourable Vice-Chancellor of TNOU Dr. Kalyani Anbuselvan inaugurated and guided the proceedings. The resource persons of the workshop were the following; Rev. Dr. Casmir Raj, S.J., Former Director of XLRI and LIBA, Prof. Albert Selvanayagam, Bangalore, Mr. Anto Vincent, Former Vice-President of FORD (HR).
Mr. Anant Kumar Singh, IAS , Joint Secretary, Minister of Human Resource Development (MHRD) interacted with the participants to ascertain their expectations in the ministry in order to workout the National Framework for the Community Colleges.
Dr. Elizabeth Verghese, Chancellor, Hindustan University released the second work-skills book “Child is the Future” A Textbook on Early Childhood Care & Education. The first copy was received by the Honourable Vice-Chancellor of TNOU
Dr. Xavier Alphonse, S.J., Director, ICRDCE, Member, UGC is the convener of the National Workshop.
TOTAL QUALITY PARAMETERS COLLECTIVELY EVOLVED DURING THE WORKSHOP
Mission and vision
Learner centered Quality education
Feed back and evaluation
Imparting life skills (including critical thinking & Problem Solving)and core competencies
Relevant courses – periodic change
Teacher – student Relationship
Job Placement and Higher Education
Documentation - Success stories
Proper planning, budgeting, financing Accounting & Auditing
Industrial – Institution tie up
12. Resource Person, International Conference on Community Colleges paper presented on "Community Colleges in India" organised by Ministry of HRD, New Delhi - 6th & 7th February, 2013
International Conference on
organized by Ministry of HRD, New Delhi
6th & 7th Feb, 2013
13. National Seminar on "Skill Development Employability and Academic Proficiency" organized by the Indo American Chamber of Commerce is association with USIEF, US Consulate General, Kolkata(FCS) and the Bharatiya Vidya Bhawan - 6th March, 2013
14. The National Conference of Community Colleges was held at Keezhputhupattu, near Pondicherry organized by ICRDCE in collaboration with Swami Vivekananda Rural Community College (SVRCC), on 9th to 11th of September 2013 in which 158 participants from 104 Community Colleges from 14 states of India took part. They deliberated on the various aspects of the working model Community College promoted by ICRDCE, Chennai. This model has been in existence for the last 16 years. They reflected together through the best practices to fine-tune, the various aspects and consolidated and strengthened the working model. The National Conference of Community Colleges opened new avenues and finetuning the various aspects of the System. A core Committee under the leadership of ICRDCE has been formed to work out the modalities of cooperation, collaboration and funding opportunities with NSDC.
15. National Workshop on Community Colleges-Desired Model for India: "National Workshop on Community Colleges -Desired Model for India" Organised by Tezpur Central University, Assam on 17th & 18th April 2015, Dr. Xavier Alphonse, S.J., ICRDCE, Chennai was the chief Resource person in which 47 participants from different parts of India participated.